Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Done pumping

Default Done pumping

Hello again ladies!

DS will be one year old in a couple weeks , and I would really LOVE to be done pumping while I am at work. I work 20 hours a week. I still want to nurse him when we are together, but I am over the whole pumping thing.

He drink about two 4oz bottles during my 5 hours shift. How do I get him off the bottles? Should I replace them with cows milk? With solid food? I am not sure how to go about this.

Any advice would be great!

Default Re: Done pumping

My baby boy turns one in a couple weeks, and I'm in the same boat. I work longer hours than you, but I have managed to pump wean - I can now go eight to nine hours without pumping or nursing. I felt a little wistful about this transition initially, but I gotta say, it's AWESOME. I'm getting so much work done! It's so nice not having to schedule in any pumpings!

At home, my husband (who is a SAHP) gives Joe solid foods, water in a sippy cup, and one bottle of formula before naps. He still nurses frequently in the evenings, and at night. We will start giving him cow's milk instead of formula soon. DH didn't seem to have too much problem weaning Joe off bottles, except for the nap bottle. That one may be harder, as Joe like to suck to sleep.

Good luck!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.