Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: snapping/popping! help!

Default snapping/popping! help!

How do I stop the snapping/popping? It is driving my nipples crazy. Doesn't matter what level of suction, it snaps/pops my nipples when the suction releases. Driving me crazy too! Halp!

Default Re: snapping/popping! help!

Sounds like you have the wrong size flanges. Your nipples shouldn't be popping in and out. My suggestion would be to go to Target and get a larger breast shield and see if that stops the popping. HTH
    Hi, I'm Cyndie. Married my , Tony.

Lydia--15 mo and still nursing

Brenden--6.5 yo bf for 6 months

Preston (SS)--13.5 yo

Brittany--12.5 yo bf for 6 weeks

"You are not a pacifier; you are a Mom. You are the sun, the moon, the earth, you are liquid love, you are warmth, you are security, you are comfort in the very deepest aspect of the meaning of comfort.... but you are not a pacifier!" -- Paula Yount

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wombatred26 View Post
    Sounds like you have the wrong size flanges. Your nipples shouldn't be popping in and out. My suggestion would be to go to Target and get a larger breast shield and see if that stops the popping. HTH
    Or a smaller shield may be the answer...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I wish it were that simple! I have s.m,l,and xl. I can't use the smaller ones because milk splashes back (tunnel not long enough and cycle not slow enough) and the larger ones pop the worst, plus they make my nipple huge.
    any other ideaS? I am really disappointed that the lactina and symphony I am renting though great pumps, don't have speed control the lacina select does, but I am renting the plus, not select. the old PIS has speed and suction. Maybe I should give that one a try again.
    any other suggestions?

I love the pumpinpal.com shields, which are curved rather than an abrupt angle...