Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby refusing supplement.

Default Re: Baby refusing supplement.

Here Domperidone is $100 for less than a months supply. I can't afford that.

It will be fine, I have been working my but off for months with no change, so I doubt Domperidone will help, plus none of the doctors I have will write a prescription anyways. I only know how much it is because my husband's co-worker takes it. She said it didn't really help her much, she only gets about 5oz more than before and she barely produced anything like me. She still has to give her daughter mostly formula and if that were to happen with us I couldn't afford both the Domperidone and the formula if I still had to supplement. But even if I wanted to, my husband already said no, and since he makes all the money and I have none its his choice, not mine.

Again thanks for all the help, but its not going to happen if there has been no improvement, only more issues and less milk.
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

Olivia Paige- 12-19-09 via emergency c section 9lbs 6oz 21in long.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

I wearing my baby, cloth diapering and making her baby food.

Oh and I am not taking reglan anymore. My doctor told me if it doesn't start working in a few of weeks it won't work, and with all the risks involved I stopped taking it after no improvement over several weeks.
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

Olivia Paige- 12-19-09 via emergency c section 9lbs 6oz 21in long.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

I wearing my baby, cloth diapering and making her baby food.

Don't let this define your life as a mother. You have a lot to offer other mothers on here.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Why would you give up BF? BF is about a lot more than just milk and every drop of milk that you make is precious. There is nothing wrong with coming to a place where you are at peace with not having a full supply, but still bring baby to the breast. There are many mamas here that do that. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation. Don't leave anything on the table. Don't look back in bitterness and let this define your BF relationship. Let it take it's natural course. I haven't seen you say that your LO is refusing the breast.

I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat. I've tried everything to increase supply. If the domperidone that I just started taking doesn't work then I give up trying to increase my supply too. I'll just give my daughter what I have and supplement the rest. You tried everything that you could to increase your supply. What a great mama! Most women would have given up long ago. I think its awesome that you tried so hard. Feeding is just one small part of mothering. Don't beat yourself up about having to supplement. I did and all it got me was a bad case of post partum depression! Keep your head up, hon!