I've been struggling with advanced Crohns Disease for about 2 years, and the only drug that has controlled my flare-ups is Prednisone. I was prescribed 10 mg pills to take every day. I had to go off it while pregnant, and, having just had my son, am experiencing a strong and painful flare. I've received conflicting info about the effects of Prednisone and BF, and my lactation consultant/LLL leader really wants me to avoid it if possible, but told me since it's not her area of expertise, she can't really suggest an alternative. But I can't function without it (I was close to a colon removal when diagnosed a year ago) and I desperately want to BF my son at least 24 months. I've cut my pills in half so I'm starting 5 mg a day, and trying to wait at least 4 hours before BF. Any advice would be helpful. I'd like to stay on the 10mg a day if possible while BF but I don't want to harm my child.