Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 month old sleep regression?

Default Re: 4 month old sleep regression?

Thank you all soooooo much for the advice and encouragment! We do nurse laying down and that is so great. When he wakes to eat he never cries, he is like a ravenous little baby who hasn't eaten all day! He "hunts" for the boob and huffs and puffs. Nothing has changed in our daytime routine. I am still at home and won't go back to work till mid June. He is trying to roll over too, and I know a couple of you mentioned that, so that is another thing too..I forgot to mention that! He just is like a wiggle baby who is just on his side, trying and trying to roll. I'm so glad you all are supportive of not giving the rice cereal...I am against it, but have heard from others it helps. The others though, don't BF so maybe that's why .

I just need to go with the flow and not fight it and I am glad I am not the only one that has gone through this!!
    Married my soul mate in 1999 Gave birth to our miracle baby 12/21/09

I and we and I at work!

Birth - 8lbs 1 oz - 20 1/2 inches
    16 weeks - 16lbs 13 oz and 25 3/4 inches
    24 weeks - 19lbs and 27 1/4 inches
    9 months - 23lbs and 30 inches

I am experiencing something super similar--it seems it's 100% normal. Please check out the following link to salvage whatever sanity you have left It helped me.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/foru...p/t716811.html

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gavinsmommy71 View Post
    When he wakes to eat he never cries, he is like a ravenous little baby who hasn't eaten all day! He "hunts" for the boob and huffs and puffs.
    So cute.

One day they won't want us to be near them. I, for one, am going to enjoy all the cuddles I can while my baby still lets me.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

It is soooo super cute when he does this! I LOVE IT and you're right..I enjoy every single second no matter what time of day with my little man!!

I and we and I at work!

My DS did the exact same thing....sleeping through the night at 3 months and then all of the sudden at 4 months he was awake wanting to eat every hour. I figured that he was going through a growth spurt and just went with the flow. We now cosleep and it has made a huge difference in how much sleep I get at night. He now nurses ever 2-3 hours instead of every hour. I figure that he is only small once and I will miss everything (good or bad) once he is older! Thehardest part for me right now is listening to everyones (family and friends) opinions about him sleeping in my room and what I should do to get him to sttn.
    First time mom to my sweet suprise

CJT born November 13, 2009
    I am a ~ ~ ~ momma and proud of it!!
    This past year has been one crazy ride, definately looking forward to what the next one brings!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ordiegirl View Post
    My DS did the exact same thing....sleeping through the night at 3 months and then all of the sudden at 4 months he was awake wanting to eat every hour. I figured that he was going through a growth spurt and just went with the flow. We now cosleep and it has made a huge difference in how much sleep I get at night. He now nurses ever 2-3 hours instead of every hour. I figure that he is only small once and I will miss everything (good or bad) once he is older! Thehardest part for me right now is listening to everyones (family and friends) opinions about him sleeping in my room and what I should do to get him to sttn.
    I've been so lucky that I haven't had to deal with people telling me how to raise my baby. My husband happily sleeps in another room (mostly because I won't let him watch TV, because both me and the baby need our sleep and he likes to have the TV on all night long). My parents have kept their mouths shut, but I'm the last to have kids, so I think they're all wiped out with handing out the parenting advice. My sister knows exactly what I'm going through and co-slept with her two sons. And, when anyone else asks if my DS is sleeping through the night, I just say, "He sleeps ... at night" and leave it at that.

The only person who says anything about our co sleeping is my MIL..it's so annoying. She said she had my hubby in his crib the first night of his life, IN ANOTHER ROOM because he made too much noise..yeah right! I LOVE co sleeping and I don't know, I just feel like he is safer with me right now and it's SOOOO much easier when you BF. I have a friend who's baby died of SIDS and it seriously scares me to death. My MIL keeps telling us it's going to be so hard to get him to STTN, blah, blah, blah. It's funny because just last night she asked us why we haven't started rice cereal because it will make him STTN and we told her we are choosing to wait to start any solids until 6 months..and we will evaluate then. She said that helped DH sleep through the night. He said that is just a myth and of course then she wouldn't stop putting her two cents in. Our DS is such a happy content baby and that's all that matters!

I and we and I at work!

Don't you just love MIL's?
    Married to my soul mate "Dr. Al" 8-22-09
    DD Noah Rae 8-10-98 and for 16 months! who is now a pre-teen girl and I want to
    DS Kael Mathew-Ryan 10-27-09 8 months and counting!
    Loving and happily at work and after each feeding