Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this normal??

Exclamation Is this normal??

Hi,

I noticed that I was making lots more milk than my baby needed when he was about three months old (it had been going on for about a month by then) and started to block feed for 2 to 3 hours. I did get more yellow diapers in the morning and early afternoon but green and watery/sometimes mucus in early evening.

Now ALL his BM's are green! and have been for about two months! Even though he eats on one side per meal every 2-3 hours. I'm not feeling engorged between feedings anymore (full but still comfortable). He is in great shape though and growing like a weed (18lbs @ 5 months w/ a birth weight of 7.3 lbs).

Is it okay for him to still have green BM's? Could I still be over producing?

9 yrs. w/ DH
    mother to Dylan
    11/27/2009 ~ 7 lbs. 3 oz. ~ 20 & 1/2 inches

and and

we're almost to THREE YEARS!

Default Re: Is this normal??

I'm not saying that is your case but sometimes green bm can be a sign of food sensitivity.you could try to eliminate dairy from your diet for a couple of weeks and see if it gets better.
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!

Default Re: Is this normal??

Green is in the normal spectrum for poop color. Since weight gain is normal, and he seems happy, I'd probably shrug this off... It sounds like block feeding managed the oversupply nicely. But I guess you could always go back and try it again, and the PP's suggestion to look for allergies/intolerances is also a good one!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"