Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Over weight baby???

Default Re: Over weight baby???

Thanks congrats to you also. Will let you all know how her 4 month check up goes

Smile Re: Over weight baby???

Hello all we had our 4 month check up today. Everything is great. DD is 26 inches and weighs 18 pounds 7oz. So she is still a big baby but dr says that she is well poportioned. The only thing is is that they said to start giving her vitamin drops for the iron 1ml every day once a day. Is that normal and is there anything that i can eat that will help to increase her iron at all.

I would go with what your pediatrician says as of what is appropriate for weight gain. I was concerned my guy was to big at his last appointment weighing in at 18 pounds and 25 inches at only 3 months old. My pedi said as long as hes growing in length then she was concerned about his weight being over 100%. The pedi laughed and said apparentley he likes to eat and mama likes to feed him!!

LOL isn't that the truth. I feed her when she tells me it is time. So i go off her dr says she is fine so no worries from me. They are just healthy and big from all the love they get.

looks like i'm not the only one w/ a chubby baby! my son weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. at birth, 9 lbs at 1 month and 13 lbs. 2 oz. at 2 months. we have a 3 month appt. coming up very soon, and i bet he's at least 15 now.

I love my chunky baby i have always thought that babies are suspose to be chunky. Since they can't move around alot they can't burn it off and all. But i guess some babies have a high metabolism or something i know my daughter is 4 months and at her weight and heigth when my son was little he wasn't her size till he was 6 months. Just goes to show you babies can come in all shapes and sizes like i told my mom in law she is just so big because of all the love she is getting. She told me but if that was the case then why wasn't bubba that big i told her it is because of bubba why his sister is so big cause he loves her so much and he tells everyone this is my sister and i love her. Lets just hope they stay like that when they both get bigger.

my LO has the same Bday as MO and I weighed her at the Dr.'s on monday and she is 16.5 at four months and was 9 pounds 4 oz at birth, 14.8 at two months. Dr says exclusive Bf babys are bigger in general.
    ---
    Keep up the good work it will balance out when they are older.

I have to share since everyone else is bragging about thier chubbas..lol. I have twins boys (2.5 months). We laugh all the time about the big difference in them. (fraternal). My big boy (1st born) was 11 lbs. 12 oz. and my 2nd was 10.5 lbs. I love my little chubba bubba! And of course his brother too.

I was starting to get a little concerned about his weight only because I have another one to compare him to and I know it's not right and I try not to do that but you can't help it when you pick one up and then pick up his brother and he feels so skinny compared to his "big" brother.

They both have different eating habits and I feed both on demand when they want it. I don't decide for them when they are hungry.

I just think that our babies LOVE to EAT and we LOVE to FEED THEM

My bubby weighed 8 lbs 5 oz/22" at birth
    1 week check-up he was 8 lbs 4.5 oz/21-1/4"--how, I don't know
    1 month check-up he was 10 lbs 12 oz/22-3/4"
    and just Monday for the 2 month check-up he was 14 lbs 4.7oz/23-1/4"...

I was shocked to at how much he weighed!! He is happy and healthy and that is all that matters! As long as your DD is healthy and happy; I think chubbiness makes them all the more lovable

My DS is formula fed but I'll jump in here...

He was 5 lbs 11 oz at birth
    1 week check up 6 lbs 5 oz
    2 month check up 12 lbs 10oz
    4 month check up 15 lbs 8oz

We have our 6 month coming up but he's been weigh since his 4 month visit (he was weighed about 3 weeks ago) and came in at 17 lbs 2 oz. YIKES!

Not bad for such a little guy at birth... Oh and no solids yet! He does get BM sometimes though as I am relactating...