Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Depression

Default Re: Depression

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I want to add that I don't think you are off your rocker for feeling depression. You probably aren't getting enough sleep at night. You've still got hormones surging. And it is understandable that you would be very sad about having to go back to work. That is a natural reaction. Add all of these things together, and it is very easy to want to cry all day at work.

You will get through it. Your baby will be fine in daycare. Your baby will still have a bond with you. S/he knows who momma is!

So, don't feel like something is wrong with you. You are going through a normal, difficult time. Maybe your doctor can give you a little medicated boost, if you need it. Or, maybe just talking with people and recognizing that maybe you are just going through a period of grieving will help.

I don't know what your financial situation is, but I know I've had friends get very frugal and creative, (albeit giving up some luxuries) and be able to cut hours at work. There are library books on the subject of living simply. (I find reading time when I nurse).

I know exactly what you are going through. it is something that you have to overcome gradually. I am on celexa right now and it is the best thing I could have done. I wish I could go through all the drugs I have been on but i am not going to. Celexa for depression and anxiety works for me, but it may not work for u

I know how you feel. My baby boy is almost 1 year old, and still waking every hour. Today, especially I feel hopeless, like nothing will ever work for me, like something's wrong with me. I've been trying to get ahold of a female psychologist who does evening hours so I can have somebody to vent to, because I'm just not comfortable venting to any of my friends 'cause they don't have kids. Also, I don't want to have to leave the baby with any1 but my husband because I don't need any1 asking where I'm going, because i find it embarrassing. I think I'm redirecting my depression into anger toward my husband..I'm never angry with my baby, but right after using up all my patience to get the baby to sleep I sometimes snap at my husband and accuse him of things for no reason. I'm always mad at him, even when he's not here. I'll sometimes go long long stretches w/o crying, and purposely put it off so I can do something else, so when I finally let it out, it's explosive! I feel like maybe it's due to sleep deprivation too though, and maybe that's all a psychologist would tell me. I don't know. I even had an anxiety attack one night here in my apt. I couldn't hardly breathe and my apt closed in on me and I had to go outside and sit down and breathe. It was scary.