Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cereal?

Default Cereal?

Do you have to start with cereal? I am going to make my own baby food. I've seen that there are organic baby cereals on the market. But what is good to start off with? what about baby oatmeal? Can a 6 mo old eat that?
    Mommy to Madison born 10/30/09

I love We

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13...

Default Re: Cereal?

My DS never liked cereal....We started with some bananas, avocados and steamed apples.....

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

Did your DS take to veggies good? I was told not to start with anything sweet at all. But I don't see how that would mess them um?
    Mommy to Madison born 10/30/09

I love We

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13...

I also heard not to start with anything sweet but then a mama made a good point and said breastmilk is sweet....so there's no reason why you can't start with fruit; apple, banana etc.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Our osteopath said to skip cereal as it's nutritional value is low and my LO did not need the extra empty calories. His first solid was sweet potatoes and he loved them. He took all veggies first. I did introduce cereal (usaualy barley)and he loves it, too.