Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thrush???

Default Thrush???

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here it goes. So I started noticing that my left nipple/breast burns and sort of itches. DH says its not red, but it starting to get very uncomfortable. Liv doesn't have any white splotches in her mouth, but I am not sure if that's always present. Liv has a pedi appointment on Monday, should I mention it to him, or call my OB? If I do have it I plan to get the thrush meds from Motherslove since its supposed to be the best herbal meds.

She latches great so its not that, plus it burns all the time, not just when she's nursing. Any help or advice would be amazing. TIA.
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

Olivia Paige- 12-19-09 via emergency c section 9lbs 6oz 21in long.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

I wearing my baby, cloth diapering and making her baby food.

Default Re: Thrush???

Sorry you're so uncomfortable, mama. It certainly sounds like it could be thrush. (I had thrush when my son was a few weeks old, and he never got the white patches, although I'm pretty sure it messed up his digestion some)

I think I would try to find an OB/GYN who was knowledgeable about breastfeeding. Most of the pediatricians I have seen have NOT been. Good luck!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Default Re: Thrush???

Thank you. Yeah, its very annoying.
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

Olivia Paige- 12-19-09 via emergency c section 9lbs 6oz 21in long.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

I wearing my baby, cloth diapering and making her baby food.