Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: noises at breast

Default noises at breast

first sorry nak

baby is making sounds while nursing
    not typical swallowing, def not clicking
    i asked dh what he thought it sounded like, he said sounds like shes liking it
    i dont know if thats the case or maybe its gas b/c i noticed some toots, lol

so whatis up with noise at breast? does your lo do it?

ty
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

Default Re: noises at breast

Hiya

What sort of noises? My DS makes all sorts of noises when feeding. For example, if we have been out and about and he wakes up starving and/or crying he will keep wimpering at the breast until he has taken enough milk to feel a little fuller. My DH and I call this the 'I'm done for' winge.

He hums a lot when eating, a steady 'hmmm...hmmm' sort of noise and makes all sorts of sleepy snuffly sounds when he is droping off or having a midnight snack.

As long your LO is not choking or distressed and poop is normal then I wouldn't worry.

xx
    Amy, very proud Mum to beautiful Gabriel, born 11/12/2009. We are looking forward to baby number 2 arriving in January

We loved , but stopped after 9 months because I went back to work. We think that cloth nappies rock

Could not have breastfed without the fab support of husband Chris and of course the LLL!!!!

Oh yeah, they make all kinds of noise at the breast. My DD used to grunt, hum, you name it. I think it's like making "Mmmmm" noises of appreciation when you eat a great meal, you know?

Like PP said, if there's no distress, I vote for normal.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

I couldn't think of the right way to describe it but ya I would say it is a hum. It is so new to us. It sounds like she is enjoying her meal, haha. Thanx for the feedback. It is really cute to hear her do this!
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.