Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weaning is somewhat close i fear..

Default weaning is somewhat close i fear..

Allie is down to only nursing ONCE a day.. you saw that right.. ONCE!
    Blows my mind.. she only nurses at night before bed, doesnt even nurse TO sleep just nurses before bed is up for a bit then "hold da no-nee's" for night night.

Not sure if thats good or not shes wants to hold them to sleep. I'll have to wean her from that too probably.

Today she wasnt feeling well so i nursed her like 3 times during the day as well. and boy did she get excited about that. She kept telling me "i sick momma, no-nee's" lol what a goof ball.

Im pretty excited shes almost weaned.. I mean my FIL had her from fri morn until sat evening and she didnt nurse, I know she can live without it. AND i think if i never wore tank tops or showed my skin she woudlnt ask to nurse but she see's them and just wants too haha.

Makes me sad though.. i wonder when she'll not wana nurse at night anymore? I dont offer it at night she just knows she gets it at night.. should i see what happens if i tell her no more at all?? i want her to wean herself..

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

Default Re: weaning is somewhat close i fear..

Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Just to update...

allie's been trying to nurse once at night.. but while on the breast i ask her "tell mama when its coming ok.. " orr "gotten any milk yet" and she says no and wants to try the other breast *which hasnt made milk for about a week now* and gives up within a min.

Do any other mama's like feel different sinsation when theres no milk coming out and you can tell its over with? it doesnt hurt but it feels different, is that just cuzs i know there isnt any coming from that breast anymore?

How long does it take before i will know for sure there isnt any milk coming out? i mean its been 4 nights so far that she hasnt "gotten" any milk from my one breast..

she still wants to try so i let her but only a min on each breast if that.. and nothing comes cuz she isnt swallowling..

CAYLA

This is my first time with nursing a toddler, so I am interested to see what other moms say...

My experience is that for several months now, my lo has been nursing in the morning and at night before bed. Not to sleep, just likes to nurse before we rock and put her in her crib. Now I think there's not much milk left, because her nursing sessions have gotten shorter and shorter. She's not very interested anymore. I always have to offer (she doesn't really ask) and sometimes she says no... She'll usually change her mind and nurse a little.

I haven't tried to wean her - she has been dropping sessions on her own.

I'm quite sad

I would LOVE to nurse her until she's two - that's in June - but I don't know if we'll make it that far. I hope we will. I know how you feel. It's nice on the one hand to think about weaning, but hard to let go...

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

How old is Allie?

Nursing eventually becomes mostly for comfort and bonding and not the milk itself. It actually doesn't matter if they're not swallowing often (or at all). Sometimes they are okay with or prefer to just comfort nurse and be *at* the breast and cuddling. Don't stress about the milk at this point.

My DS1 has gone for an entire month without nursing. He nursed when I was pregnant with zero milk for several months. He could care less if he gets a mouthful or just a taste. He just likes to have that bonding at the breast, one-on-one time. We have been like this for an entire year.

Just when I think he's ready to let it go, he starts asking more. And as far as 'holding' the breasts, that is your own preference. It doesn't bother me at all and both of my boys are comforted by them whether it's a hand or a mouth near.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    How old is Allie?

Nursing eventually becomes mostly for comfort and bonding and not the milk itself. It actually doesn't matter if they're not swallowing often (or at all). Sometimes they are okay with or prefer to just comfort nurse and be *at* the breast and cuddling. Don't stress about the milk at this point.

My DS1 has gone for an entire month without nursing. He nursed when I was pregnant with zero milk for several months. He could care less if he gets a mouthful or just a taste. He just likes to have that bonding at the breast, one-on-one time. We have been like this for an entire year.

Just when I think he's ready to let it go, he starts asking more. And as far as 'holding' the breasts, that is your own preference. It doesn't bother me at all and both of my boys are comforted by them whether it's a hand or a mouth near.

alllies 27 months old this month..

CAYLA

Max was down to like 2-3x per week at that age, it was to the point where I'd try to remember each session cuz it may be the last time

for the past 6 weeks he wants to nurse non stop! I think it's his 2nd year molars
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

DS weaned right at 24 months, but he knew there was no more milk left and just lost interest right after his birthday. i was also pregnant at the time and that zapped what little bit of milk i might have still had.

he has lots of interest in my breasts for comfort. i know that he is getting sleepy because he will be running around playing like crazy, then come over to me and stick his hand straight down my shirt. i have had to set some boundaries with this though.. for a few weeks he was doing it all the time!
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

i let her "nurse" tonight but still nothing came out. I wish she wouldnt want to actually "nurse" *and i said "nurse" cuz she sucks but nothing comes out* becuae i know she isnt getting anything and i kinda wana be done nursing. she will hold and put her hand down my shirt and nuzzle um and if i am wearing a low cut shirt she will kiss them and tell me she loves them and "wants some" breaks my heart to tel her no, but id like to be done.

I am letting her wean herself though.. its hard but im trying..

CAYLA

its been 10 days and no nursing, she doesnt ask anymore even. Just wants to hold them!

so far i am pretty pumped shes done nursing, the sad part hasnt hit me yet. YAY for having my boobies back after 2 1/2 years!!

CAYLA