Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How well will this work?

Default How well will this work?

So, my doctor wrote me a script for domperidone and I got it filled at a compounding pharmacy. How long until I notice an effect? And has it worked well for anyone on here? This is my last hope. Nothing else has seemed to work to increase my supply,not herbs, pumping or reglan.

Default Re: How well will this work?

How long until I notice an effect?
    I wish I could answer definitively, but I think it depends very much on you as an individual. Everyone responds differently to different medications/doses/etc..

And has it worked well for anyone on here?
    I know it works well for some. I used Reglan and saw good results... But honestly I think frequent pumping with a really good (hospital-grade rental) pump helped more.

Hang in there!!!!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: How well will this work?

I'm in the SAME boat. I've tried everything. To include crazy herb combos, food combos, combos of those combos and pumping till....well, I dream of pumping. UGH.

I'm waiting for my dom to come in as I ordered it from overseas. It can't get here fast ENOUGH!

I've read many sites that say the results vary greatly from 24hrs to 6wks. They all say give it at least 6wks before concluding it doesn't work.

We shall see. If this doesn't work for me....I'm done. So, I know the feeling.