Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: post-partum depression?

Default Re: post-partum depression?

That is great news, crosswalk3! I will remember the fish oil in future. So glad to hear a good report from you.

--Rebecca

I get this too. It's the most overwhelming feeling of absolute panic. I sweat and my heart pounds. It's started to get better. I read when I feed the baby too and that helps, but I feel terrible because I don't enjoy my time nursing her.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswalk3
    My ds is now 2months and a week and nursing keeps getting better every day... I finally talked to my midwife and she suggested that I take fish oil tablets...she said they can help with ppd...who knew?! They're great and I can tell if I forget to take them! Plus they're all natural and good for you.
    How much of the fish oil do you take? I think I am going through PPD but am afraid to talk to anyone about it, my 2yr old's dad is trying to take custody, saying that taking care of a 2 yr old and 6 month old by myself is too much for me (I had depression problems in the past) and that his flaky, barely legal, too dumb to find a job so she sits on her butt all day watching soap operas new wife is more fit than I am to take care of a demanding toddler. I know that he would use PPD against me to try to gain custody so I would like to find a home-remedy or treatment that I could persue without envoking professional help. It is very hard because I work full time and am exclusively bf my dd and my toddler does require a lot of attention and I am left always feeling very tired and like it will never get better (especially since no one even bothers to pay child support). Any other home revenues I could try?

Amandalynn
    The brand of fish oil I take is called "Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega" and you can get it at any GNC or natural food store. I take two capsules a day plus make sure I drink at least 64 ounces of water a day...that is soooo important to feeling your best. ...on another note, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. My parents divorced when I was young and the two of them battled custody issues for years...not fun for them or us! But know this...a judge will never look down on you for getting help with PPD...in fact, it would look alot worse if you didn't get help and pretended there was no problem. Plus...mom is always best...just keep on smothering your children with love and kisses ok? You're in my prayers!!!~Melanie