Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm going for it

Default I'm going for it

I'd been tossing around the idea of relactating to give D expressed milk since he seems to be outgrowing some allergies. Then a friend of mine found out that her breast reduction surgery (at 16) has probably left her unable to lactate because of the procedure the doctor used. I offered to try to see if I could pump to help her provide at least some milk for her new baby (who is due in a month).

So I'm going for it. I'm going to start pumping 8 times a day () and see how that goes. If it doesn't start to work in a week I'll start taking some herbal supplements.

I don't have any specific questions- at least not yet. But if anyone has some words of wisdom, advice, encouragement I'll be happy to hear them. I'm nervous about this for some reason, but my friend is so incredibly excited- it's contagious.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: I'm going for it

You are so wonderful
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Go, Paige! You are a superhero! What a generous thing for you to do, for both those sweet babies.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

What an incredible gift. Your friend is so lucky to have you!

, eat some oatmeal and drink lots of water and smell some baby blankets or watch video of the kids (on your phone) or something else to get your hormones flowing ya know
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Paige: You are awesome!!!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks ladies. Oatmeal! Good idea, that's easy enough to do.

I'd swear the last few days since I've been thinking about it I get a tingly let down feeling (with no letdown of course). Almost like when I'd leak, but with no actual leakage. I don't know if I'm imagining it or maybe it's hormonal...
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Go Paige Go! You are my hero! Seriously, such an amazing gift!
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Thanks Beth, that's good to be aware of.

Once, a few months ago when D was up all night sick and crying I tried (in desperation) to latch him. I knew I was dry and he wouldn't get milk, but I thought it might be comforting to him and like I said I was desperate. He wouldn't even take it in his mouth, he had no clue.
    --Anonymous

Good for you!!!