Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 28 weeker tires easily

Default Re: 28 weeker tires easily

But you did post links to why non nutritive sucking is important, which seemed to question what other preemie moms on here had said about the advice of the doctor. Did I read that wrong? Maybe
    I'm not arguing with the point you are trying to make in fact I quite agree with it. The intent of posting the articles was not to disagree with anyone. It was purely informational. In fact I was simply trying to *add* to the conversation not take away from anything anyone has said. If you read my other posts you will see that I am quite strictly respect the experience of more knowledgeable moms. I'm sorry you misunderstood my intentions.

((This is likely another misunderstanding but I thought I should clarify. I never said my experience was the same as having a preemie, i never have and I never will. I have many friends who have had preemies born at around one to three pounds (depending on the person), I quite clearly understand the difference. I understand what it must be like to have a preemie and people who feel like they "get it" when you have been there and they haven't. I was not trying to present myself in that way and I am sorry if it felt that way to you.))

And to the OP - Sorry this got off track. I hope you and baby figure it out.
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*redpowerlady View Post
    I'm not arguing with the point you are trying to make in fact I quite agree with it. The intent of posting the articles was not to disagree with anyone. It was purely informational. In fact I was simply trying to *add* to the conversation not take away from anything anyone has said. If you read my other posts you will see that I am quite strictly respect the experience of more knowledgeable moms. I'm sorry you misunderstood my intentions.

((This is likely another misunderstanding but I thought I should clarify. I never said my experience was the same as having a preemie, i never have and I never will. I have many friends who have had preemies born at around one to three pounds (depending on the person), I quite clearly understand the difference. I understand what it must be like to have a preemie and people who feel like they "get it" when you have been there and they haven't. I was not trying to present myself in that way and I am sorry if it felt that way to you.))

And to the OP - Sorry this got off track. I hope you and baby figure it out.
    No worries mama. Just a misunderstanding on both sides. I apologize if it hurt your feelings.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Maybe it's just an off day for me. Apologies for any misunderstandings.
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

Have you considered using a nursing aid? I don't know what it is called, by I know they make a nursing aid that hangs from your neck. You put pumped milk in it and it has tube(s) that come out that you tape to your breast near the nipple. This way you can put baby to breast and they get the milk with a little less effort.

I believe it is to help babies that aren't nursing at all. There are some concerns that they can feel the raised tube and not like it, and that also since the milk comes faster that way that when you try not to use it the baby decides not to nurse.

The other thing too is you don't have to put bm in it. You can put formula in it if you don't have time / don't wish to pump. It's something I'd consider finding a lactation consultant and discussing. Then you can drop the bottles but still get baby to breast without them working too too hard to get the nourishment but also potentially get them more accustomed to the breast instead.

You could also try pumping. It's not as good as a baby suckling, but you could pump for 5-10 after you nursed her to keep the stimulation up to about 20 minutes instead of just the 10.

Good luck, whatever you choose!
    Momma to K 05/24/07 (due 05/31/07)
    Momma to I, 06/04/10 VBAC'd (due 05/31/10). Read about it here

Exclusive Pumper to first for 18 months.
    I got my VBAC!

Struggling with nursing but one way or another breast milk is all they get.