Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastmilk before baby

Default Breastmilk before baby

I'm 32 weeks and have been in early labor for 3 weeks. Last week the contractions became worse so the dr put me on 2 medications to help control the contractions and Friday and Saturday I had steroid injections. This morning I woke up completely engorged with milk, not colostrum. This is my forth baby and with the others I leaked colostrum but so far today I have soaked through 2 pads. I dont want to pump because it will make my contractions worse but what do I do with the milk? My breasts are killing me! Any suggestions?

Default Re: Breastmilk before baby

I would maybe do hot compresses on your breasts. So excess can leak out but you aren't stimulating the milk to come out. Good luck holding the baby in!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

I agree, heat pads and compressions, take a hot shower. Did the doctor discuss this side-effect with you and what you should do?

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I left a message with the dr but havent heard back. I will try hot compresses, thanks for the imput!

Maybe cold cabbage leaves, as well? They're good for fighting engorgement. And if heat isn't working, try cold packs. Ice packs can also reduce pain.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"