Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: yogurt

Default yogurt

DD is now 1 and Dr wanted me to push lots of fatty foods casue she is below the charts small (16.5 lbs and 27 inches). He told me milk (which I havent done) and yogurt, along with other things. I get her YoBaby and she sometimes will have 2-3 spoons, sometimes she will shake her head and cry at the sight of it.

Most other yogurts are full of stuff I dont want my 1yo eating. Anything else out there that she might like? DD loves to feed herself, so usually if it off a spoon she dosent want it!

Does it have to be yogurt? I hear a lot of Drs pusing cows milk products at a year, but is that really necessary? I mean, she isnt a claf!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Default Re: yogurt

If I was her, i'd be eating that yobaby...it's soooo good...lol. When my sister fed her babies it, I gained so much weight and didn't know why...but...now I know it's the dern yobaby stuff.

But really...avocado is high in fat...that's about where my advice ends. Someone will be by soon with some good advice, I know it!

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

Yogurt is an easy way to get fats/calcium/etc into your LO so that's probably why your doctor suggested it. I look for yogurt made from WHOLE milk with no sugar added. At my supermarket, the "house" brand makes a nice one. There are like three ingredients or something, all of which I can pronounce

Other foods high in good fats are avocado, whole milk cheeses, olive oil added to things (pour a teaspoon on her favourite foods to boost their fat content), etc.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

long as she is nursing well 3-4 times in 24 hours you don't have to worry about milk or milk subs... Momma's milk has more fat then most "baby food solids"

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...ler-foods.html

she nurses WAY more then 3-4 times a day, and LOVES avocado! I just cant get her to eat YOGURT!!!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

texture thing for me...
    I can eat some and then others I don't like.

My DD loves Organic Nancy's plain yogurt and Stonyfield Farm vanilla yogurt (which actually makes the YoBaby brand). The Stonyfield Farm vanilla yogurt has cream on top (which I must confess I scooped off and ate ) and is delicious! Whenever I gave a bowl to DD I ate some myself! I don't know if I'll ever eat fat-free yogurt again. I had no idea whole milk yogurt even existed. Yum.
    I'm Beth-
    Mama to L (7/14/09) and B (6/27/11).

Brown cow yogurt has 7 grams of fat per serving, it has the cream on top as well. The full fat greek yogurt has more fat than most ice creams. I can't think of the name off the top of my head though. In addition to avocado, you can also add olive oil to the other foods you give the baby..
    Mom to:
    Johann, Born June 21, 2009 8lb, 7oz & 22in nursed until 2 years old
    Lydia, Born March 30, 2013 9lb, 5.6oz & 21.75 inches

Nursed through hypothryroidism, IGT, and a SNS both times around

This is the type of yogurt we eat (as adults). It's "hippie" yogurt and it tastes great. It has a "finder" so you can see who sells it near you. Now I'm not knowledgeable about yogurt but thought this might be a healthy one to try.

http://www.nancysyogurt.com/
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

Oops I see EMC already mentioned Nancys
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.