Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nighttime feedings are getting worse and interfering with solids consumption!!!

Default Re: nighttime feedings are getting worse and interfering with solids consumption!!!

I love co-sleeping but recently put my DD in her own crib at 8 mths old. She was constantly waking all night long. Mostly from my husband moving, snoring etc... She would nurse back to sleep every time. A few weeks ago in the middle of the night he woke her again and I decided that was it she needs her sleep! I put her in her own crib in her bedroom and it has worked out wonderfully! We are both well rested now! She did cry a bit the first few nights. Not longer than about 5 minutes at a time. I would go back in and talk to her and pat her bottom! I also invested in a wireless video monitoring system. Check out ebay they have lots of choices for a great price!!!
    Anyway, I am not encouraging you to stop co-sleeping just giving you advice if you choose to.
    They always end up back in our beds eventually anyway! My DD1 never really co-slept with me. She did as a toddler snuggle with me in the morning and when she started school would have me set her alarm so she could come sleep with me for an hour or so before getting up! That lasted till about 3rd grade! Guess what no more Ayna in my bed! She is in middle school now!
    Do what you need to do to get your sleep. Sometimes we have to do what's best for us too!
    Best of luck to you

Default Re: nighttime feedings are getting worse and interfering with solids consumption!!!

[QUOTE=@llli*babygirl05;909957]Sounds like he is reverse cycling, which is perfectly fine, although exhausting.
    QUOTE]

sounds like reverse cycling. Many babies of working mommas do this. It's a phase and will pass though it can seem hard while you are going through it!!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens