Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby food cook book?

Default Baby food cook book?

We haven't started solids yet. My LO is 5 mos old, but we plan to make our own baby food. Does anyone know of a Baby food cook book you can get ? Any recommendations and where I can buy one?
    Mommy to Madison born 10/30/09

I love We

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13...

Default Re: Baby food cook book?

I bought mine at Barnes and Noble. I can't remember what it was called exactly and they don't have it on amazon so I think it's been updated. But it was by Annabel Karmel. She has quite a few different ones and I like her. The one I had went from purees to table food and gave some interesting combos I never would have thought of. Making your own food is really fun!

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amy.marie View Post
    I bought mine at Barnes and Noble. I can't remember what it was called exactly and they don't have it on amazon so I think it's been updated. But it was by Annabel Karmel. She has quite a few different ones and I like her. The one I had went from purees to table food and gave some interesting combos I never would have thought of. Making your own food is really fun!
    I have a NOOK and just downloaded the book My LO wants to eat only MY food and although is great, I really wanted to look into "Healthy" food for him and easy to make as well. The book is "TOP 100 FINGER FOODS" recipies from purees to finger foods. $9.99.
    THANKS!
    Working mommy to Cat, Nikki, Brandon and baby Lucas
    exclusively for the second time!
    we made it 21 months with previous son and 9 months and counting with Lucas

I had two books that I referred to frequently-- "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel and "Cooking For Babies" by Lisa Barnes. Both books had purees through whole foods. I also LOVE the website www.wholesomebabyfood.com!

It's also a great time of year to start solids since in a couple of months you'll most likely have lots of local fresh produce to choose from! My daughter started solids last April/May and I was able to get everything she started on at the local farmer's market. Squash, zucchini, peaches, eggplant, etc. I bought tons of stuff near the end of the summer and froze it after I prepared it. I like the books/website above because they also give freezing guidelines.

Good luck!

Thank you!!! I ordered a couple books already!!
    Mommy to Madison born 10/30/09

I love We

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13...

I just bought "Wholesome Meals for Babies and Toddlers" by parragon publishing. It starts with purees and goes all the way up to over 4 years old. I have only made 2 things out of it but DD LOVED both of them.
    I'm Melissa, DD (01/12/2009) weaned at a little over 2 1/2 years