Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baby mum mums

Default Re: baby mum mums

My biggest problem with all teething biscuits is they have SUGAR in them... I personally DO NOT want my 7month old daughter consuming something with SUGAR as the 2nd ingredient!! I found a great recipe that is easy and has NO Sugar or allergens!

Ingredients:
    1 cup fruit juice
    1 cup flour
    1 cup baby cereal

Directions:
    Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together until well combined. Roll out on a floured board and cut into shapes. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes at 350°F (175°C). These biscuits can be frozen for storage and your baby might even enjoy sucking on a partially defrosted one.

there are others I found when i searched.... just thought anyone else who was concerned might be interested.

LauraK

that's a great recipe (as long as you get juice that doesn't have added sugar, since many of them do) that i will have to try.

not to pick hairs or anything, but on my mum-mum ingredient list, sugar is the 3rd ingredient, not the second.

i might be more concerned about the fact that these are made in China, where the water isn't so good (ha, understatement, i guess!), except that a great deal of the produce that is available in my area comes from Mexico. what's the first thing anyone tells you if you say you're going to Mexico? "Don't drink the water!" which was very true for a friend of mine, but i've had no problems with the produce that i get at my store.

besides, a company that is willing to get all those outside sources to test for melamine obviously gives at least a little thought to safety.
    Ham-Holder, SAHM to Elliott, 07/12/2009
    , , , and now cloth diapering
    loving it when baby to me!
    http://mommasdinner.blogspot.com/

Ingredients: Japonica Rice, Sugar, Skim Milk Powder, Salt ---- that is off the site you gave. as far as i can tell sugar is most certainly the second ingredient.

I only looked at the original ones, but felt it wasn't neccesary to go beyond that, I had lots of allergys when i was a child so I am very acute to ingredient lists and since sugar triggers the same pleasure centers as heroine and other opiates I plan to not feed her any at all. and of course I use juice without sugar (she has never even had juice just to drink) I told my dad how shocked I was that there is sugar in so many baby products and he laughed and said "Of course, they like to start them young"

the ingredient pack for the originals reads "Japonica rice, potato starch, sugar..."

like i said i wasn't trying to split hairs. yes, sugar is bad.
    Ham-Holder, SAHM to Elliott, 07/12/2009
    , , , and now cloth diapering
    loving it when baby to me!
    http://mommasdinner.blogspot.com/

what I give DS is organic rice crackers.or corn crackers.do you have those in the US?
    It's a couple years that you can find this at supermarkets but before you could at organic shops.
    but thy're not a baby product,in the suprmarkets all baby products have sugar in them!that's crazy!!!
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!

There seems no issues if your seven month old daughter consumes sugar as a secondary diet. But the consumption should be moderate.

My daughter loved these (and they are yummy for mom's too) - great little packages for the 'to go' times......

It is not a matter to worry if your baby consumes a diet having sugar as a secondary ingredient, but the content of sugar should not be too high. The recipe that you have suggested is also a good diet for small babies as it contains all the required nutrient and the level of sugar is negligible.