Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pumping progress

Default pumping progress

I'm not sure why I'm posting this; I guess I just feel the need to share. DH has made it clear that the details of pumping do not interest him I was struggling week before last to pump enough; I had to add extra pumping sessions all the time despite the fenugreek and oatmeal. Anyway, Last week was Spring Break, and we nursed on demand all week. This week when I have been back to work I am consistently 2 bottles ahead! Was it because of the extra nursing? I also changed the membranes on my pump, could that be it? I just hope this lasts 9 more weeks 'till the end of school! I don't know how you ladies do it that pump for months and months on end. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done, but we are still supplement free. I just started having DCP give him 2 tblsp. of cereal mixed w/ BM this week.

Default Re: pumping progress

That's great mama! We're always here to listen when someone has success they want to share. It probably was a combination of nursing lots and changing your pump parts. Great job!! Doesn't it feel great to get ahead a little bit?
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Congrats. Those DHs really don't understand.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Congrats!

And, I totally know the need to share the pumping situation. I think it's very hard for anyone who hasn't done it to realize just how huge of a project pumping for a baby is - and how much of your heart you pour into it!

Woohoo!
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

Exactly, ammamd, exactly!