Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: avocado question

Default avocado question

DD LOVES avocado! I give it to her daily, and sometimes she eats a whole one (well probably not casue some of it ends up on the floor or her!)

Is avocado binding? Casue ever since she is pooping more solid and straining when pooping.

I dont want to stop giving it to her, but might cut back the frequency and see if it helps her poop better!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Default Re: avocado question

you got the right idea.. One wouldn't think that it would be binding cause its so full of good fats

are you giving any other solids.

My dd cann't have more then 1/2 a bannana or she will have trouble pooping for sure.

http://www.vegfamily.com/whole-famil...e-avocados.htm

This website I found says avocados are perfectly ph balanced and not constipating. Could it be something else possibly. My son lives on them and breastmilk and we haven't had any problems. Other friuts and veggies seem to cause some bowel trouble.

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

It's normal for poop to get more solid when a baby starts solid foods-- makes sense. If your DD is constipated, you will know because the poop will come out in little pellets, or in very small amounts instead of in a larger quantity all at once.

My DS has just started solids and once in a while he will pass a very small, very solid poo; but most of the time, he has massive blowouts instead.

BFing before and after feeding solids should help to ensure that your lo is still getting enough fluids.
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

yeah, change in BM is normal for babies starting solids. if she seems uncomfortable, or is turning red from straining, or is straining w/o producing anything, you might try giving some prunes or applesauce (always helped dd).
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling