Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby "cup" question

Default Baby "cup" question

So DS does not like the sippy cup at all. But he drinks from a straw really really well. Is there something I can do to give him his own cup he can hold but won't spill everywhere? Those cups we get at restaurants leak out of the straw hole. I don't know if they sell kids waterbottles or something with a small straw that don't leak?
    Megan/Meg
    Married to James 1/3/09
    SAHM to Aiden Joseph 5/31/09
    PG with #2 EDD 10/3/10

Default Re: Baby "cup" question

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*megboo33 View Post
    I don't know if they sell kids waterbottles or something with a small straw that don't leak?
    I like this one. DS isn't as much of a fan Valves are too much work for him. You can get them without the valve though.

DS just got the 12oz of these and it is the first thing he has reliably drunk water out of without fighting and messes (we have been working on this since he was about 9 months . They do make a sippy cup too. This one can be turned upside down and poured. Guess how I know?
    Last edited by @llli*durhamgrrl; March 27th, 2010 at 12:55 AM.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

yeah and the straw cups can get this freaky cappilary action thing if the kid blows into it like a juice box.
    Or when the juice is very cold and the air outside is warm.

I just would take it way if I didn't want SARAh to spill it.
    and she couldn't have a drink on the carpet, unless she was sitting down

Yeah maybe I'll just do a rule of no running around with it. I like that first cup though. It's not like I walk around with a cup. The only reason I was wondering is cuz I told my mom maybe we'll just skip the sippy cup and she said I'll need it for when he's walking around. I don't think so personally. I realized I have these Tupperware cups that have tight lids and the straw hole is pretty much spill proof cuz it suctions onto the straw. I think those will work pretty well.
    Megan/Meg
    Married to James 1/3/09
    SAHM to Aiden Joseph 5/31/09
    PG with #2 EDD 10/3/10

I hate to say it but your mom doesn't know what she is talking about...

I agree with pp...you don't need to use a sippy cup. My ds1 never used one. He didn't like them. We did get "spill-proof" cups for the car...(not so spill-proof though...just turn them upside down and it all pours out!) For at home, I just put a regular plastic cup of water on the coffee table for him and he used it just fine.
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!