Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The size of a newborn's stomach days 1-10

Default Re: The size of a newborn's stomach days 1-10

I was wondering how this related to babies that are overdue. Would they have a bigger stomach?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joannedisfan View Post
    I was wondering how this related to babies that are overdue. Would they have a bigger stomach?
    No.

But you bring up another interesting topic. What exactly it overdue? A day or two past the "due date"? It is only an estimate of about when a baby might be expected to be born within a couple of weeks before or after.

Here's a good article on it:

http://www.drmomma.org/2009/06/lie-o...-why-your.html

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    No.

But you bring up another interesting topic. What exactly it overdue? A day or two past the "due date"? It is only an estimate of about when a baby might be expected to be born within a couple of weeks before or after.

Here's a good article on it:

http://www.drmomma.org/2009/06/lie-o...-why-your.html
    Great article. I had a post term baby (43 weeks) the first time around. He was scrawny as all get out, had dry papery skin etc. IMO it is a good reason for an early ultrasound for women who are not charting (says Ms. Two-Unplanned-Pregnancies with a SIL who swears she rarely gets pregnancies but has two -almost three- babies without any kind of interventions).

My understanding is a baby can be considered term from 36-42 (but it is dangerous to assume a baby can be induced safely before 40 weeks and even then it should only be done for cause). That about right you medico types.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.