Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How cooked is 'soft-cooked'?

Default How cooked is 'soft-cooked'?

Baby girl is 7 months old and has been fed cereal for the past few weeks.

I want to try BLW and have no clue just how soft 'soft-cooking' is? How soft should carrots and broccoli be? ready to be mushed when baby grabs them or harder than that so they stay in one piece?

Thanks!

Default Re: How cooked is 'soft-cooked'?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*cellie View Post
    Baby girl is 7 months old and has been fed cereal for the past few weeks.

I want to try BLW and have no clue just how soft 'soft-cooking' is? How soft should carrots and broccoli be? ready to be mushed when baby grabs them or harder than that so they stay in one piece?

Thanks!
    The way I do it is make sure that it's soft enough to be smushed between my tongue and roof of my mouth...I figure that's the most like my LO's gums against each other? This is assuming your LO has no teeth, either?

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

LO cut her first 2 bottom teeth last week.

It needs to be firm enough to be picked up without falling to pieces since her motor skills aren't yet developed enough to pick up small things, but soft enough that you could smoosh it without using molars - the mouth test the pp suggested sounds like a good marker. I just steamed my veggies like we normally do, and they seemed to be fine...
    "Old" first time ma (38) to Athena (May 17, 09) Oh my G-d, I'm nursing a toddler!!