Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Womanly Art of Breastfeeding Coming July 2010

Default New Womanly Art of Breastfeeding Coming July 2010

The eighth edition of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is going to be released on July 18, 2010.

LLLI is hoping to raise the profile of breastfeeding by getting the new Womanly Art onto the New York Times bestseller list.

So if you don't have a copy for yourself, or if you have any friends whose babies are due this summer, please consider pre-ordering a copy online!

It’s no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations. Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book’s range of nursing advice, stories, and information—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers

• real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
    • new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
    • strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
    • reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
    • recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
    • helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work
    • nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
    • guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications

Plus—Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.

Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: New Womanly Art of Breastfeeding Coming July 2010

My sister is planning on TTC soon, so I will definitely get this for her.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

The new Womanly Art is going to be out in just a couple weeks. If you haven't already ordered one for yourself or a friend, this would be a good time.

And if you'd like to help us spread the word by posting the link (http://www.llli.org/thewomanlyartofbreastfeeding) on Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc, we would be deeply grateful. It'll not only let moms know about a great resource, it'll help raise awareness for breastfeeding.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Today's the day! I've heard from a few folks who've already received their copies and are saying really good things about it.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

can't wait to read it!!
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Default WABF on Best Seller list?

Did we make it? What was the pre-publication total?

I think they were shooting for 5000 pre-orders, and the tally on the WAB page right now says 9000.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

My copy came today.

So far it looks like a handier resource than the previous edition. I love the idea of the tear out sheets in the back of the book.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

I just received it a few days ago and LOVE it!! I am going to buy it for any friends I have who are expecting their first baby as well as recommending it to my friends who already have little ones. I already have a few ideas of what to do differently in the hospital for baby # 2 (who is not yet conceived). Thank you thank you for all the work that went into this book.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Just finished reading and it is so awesome! Going to buy another fo a gift!

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang