Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mother regressing - 34month old and the breast. Any child psychologists out there?

Default Re: Mother regressing - 34month old and the breast. Any child psychologists out there

i gave in.......attempted to allow her to nurse....and she bit me so many times.
    poor child. she was worried that she had hurt mummy
    but, guess what....the breast matter is now settled for me.
    my baby really doesn't need the breast just the comfort, time and special attention. sigh.
    Thanks ladies.

Default Re: Mother regressing - 34month old and the breast. Any child psychologists out there

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bello View Post
    i gave in.......attempted to allow her to nurse....and she bit me so many times.
    poor child. she was worried that she had hurt mummy
    but, guess what....the breast matter is now settled for me.
    my baby really doesn't need the breast just the comfort, time and special attention. sigh.
    Thanks ladies.
    Good for you, Momma....It's so hard to be conflicted this way...I'm glad you arre certain of your feelings...

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

My 3 1/2 year old will still to this day at times want me to hold her in my arms so she can "pretend I'm a baby" and she will mimic nursing briefly over my clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*graciepoo View Post
    My 3 1/2 year old will still to this day at times want me to hold her in my arms so she can "pretend I'm a baby" and she will mimic nursing briefly over my clothing.

thanks for this graciepoo. I revisited this post, because the issue continues...i have increased my cuddle time with her. she really likes that.