Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something has clicked...

Default Re: Something has clicked...

You know I would really love to meat Silas one day. All of his pics, his videos, and this story make me crack up, he sounds like a hilarious baby!
    Megan/Meg
    Married to James 1/3/09
    SAHM to Aiden Joseph 5/31/09
    PG with #2 EDD 10/3/10

Meg that just made me smile so big! He is a pretty funny baby. He cracks me up all the time. Are you coming to DC?
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    I think I will be scrapping all the seperate prep. It's not worth it, he barely eats the plain stuff anyway. I just worry it's too early to just offer whatever we are having prepared the way we prepare it.
    that's awesome Colleen. When I asked our pedi about all that she said, no need to worry, some spices to use to flavor food are: little bit of salt, pepper, cinnamon, & garlic salt; if we make something that requires milk & it's a small amount it's ok, all fruit juices are fine as long as they're diluted, water intake/24 hrs can be 6-8 oz in addition to primarily breast milk intake , citrus food alright but not recommend because it may irritate their "bum" when they poop but if they're eager to try it then it's ok too, no need to make their food separate (unless they're allergic to an ingredient in it), so basically...let him try anything & everything. If he likes it that's great, if not try it again a little later.

Yay Silas...it's gonna be a whole new world (tell him to send Alyssa the memo about food being interesting & fun)
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juliet1 View Post

Yay Silas...it's gonna be a whole new world (tell him to send Alyssa the memo about food being interesting & fun)
    I bet you'll be back here soon saying how it just seemed to kick in one day. It's so funny, one day he had zero interest and the next he was pulling food out of our hands and making mmmmm sounds.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Hopefully soon. We're planning to drive back home next month, and it really would make things a lot easier for the road and while with family. If not, no big deal, we did it before and survived
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    Meg that just made me smile so big! He is a pretty funny baby. He cracks me up all the time. Are you coming to DC?
    I actually just read that post, I didn't really know about it til a couple days ago I don't think we'll be able to make it this year, that would be probably about a 30 hour drive for us, we don't really have the funds to go that far. Maybe next year though. I wish I lived out in the East! I'd love to live there.
    Megan/Meg
    Married to James 1/3/09
    SAHM to Aiden Joseph 5/31/09
    PG with #2 EDD 10/3/10