Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fenugreek Questions

Default Fenugreek Questions

Hi Ladies,

My pumping output has dropped...I've tried everything, except Fenugreek. I bought two different kinds/brands: one organic jar of "Oregon's Wild Harvest" Fenugreek and one "regular", non-organic jar of "Solaray" Fenugreek.

Has anyone noticed a difference between organic and non-organic? Do you get different results?

How long does it take to see results? The doses on the directions are 2-4 capsules once a day...how many and how often do I take them for milk purposes? Is it possible to overdose?

Also, has anyone ever noticed that their baby's belly was affected by the Fenugreek (caused upset tummy)?

Any tips would be appreciated! TIA!

Jen

Default Re: Fenugreek Questions

i take the solary - 2 capsules 3x a day! i noticed a difference after the first day and if i don't take it, i can definatley tell (kinda freaky )

don't think it has any effect on DS's tummy, except to make him nice & full
    FTM to Cypress Levon born all natural 10/5/09

Happily
    and while I work

Thank you for your response! How much of a difference do you notice in your output when you take Fenugreek? I hope you don't mind my asking...

i pump 3x while at work and go home each day with 15-18oz when i take it regularly. this is enough to send to the daycare the next day, i also pump once around 2am (when DS is sleeping through the night) and get 5-7oz (goes to the freezer)

oh and he nurses first thing in the am, right when we get home, and once before bed.

if i don't take the fenugreek, i sometimes only come home with 10-12oz, thus my 2am milk goes with him instead of to our stash.

a bit long-winded and maybe too much info, sorry.

i do think it has helped me to keep my supply up since i work FT.
    FTM to Cypress Levon born all natural 10/5/09

Happily
    and while I work

LOL...not long-winded at all...I'm ALL about details!

I pump 3X at work too, but the MOST I've ever pumped was 15 ounces (just one day)...my usual was around 13 ounces...now I'm down to 11. I hate it!

I will start taking the Fenugreek tomorrow. Thank you so much for the info...I hope it works as well for me!

I used to take 3 capsules of Solaray Organic 4 times a day -- 12 caps total. That's what my LC recommended and it did help -- boosted output by 3-4 ounces daily -- for several months. Then it wore off.

Well, I took the Fenugreek and it made my DD spit up a bunch.

On top of that, it appears that I am pumping less and less each week...nothing has changed in my routine! I'm pumping 4 ounces less each day at work now and seriously frustrated..so tempted to hang up the horns.