Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else an exclusive pumper?

Default Anyone else an exclusive pumper?

If so, what kind of pump do you recommend? I've at my wits end with mine and I'm about ready to throw it through the wall.

Default Re: Anyone else an exclusive pumper?

What do you have?
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

An Evelflo Select Comfort Double Pump and it's making me so sore.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*cynthiaa89 View Post
    An Evelflo Select Comfort Double Pump and it's making me so sore.
    Well I know that a lot of mamas use the Pump In Style and like it, I used the Medela Lactina Select.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I EPed for 17 months with a Medela PISA. Keep the receipt though, they have a 1 year warranty and great customer service. I had to let them replace mine once since EPing can really wear any pump out unless it's hospital grade.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I have the Medela Free style I really like it. It it lightweight and being handsfree for babys needs and yours is nice.

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com...yle-breastpump

I have an older Medela PISA that I got from a friend (almost 3 years old). It's holding up so far.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

I was using an older verision of the medela pump-in-style. After a while I became very sore and I dreaded having to pump. My friend, who is also exclusively pumping, suggested renting the Medela symphony from the hospital. I took her advice and what a HUGE difference it made! It's so much more comfortable and my milk supply increased too! It's not as portable as other pumps, it's heavier and bigger than the others, but it's been so much better for me. They arent for sale but I reccomend renting it one from the hospital or women's health center if you can.

I don't EP but pump 8x day in addition to bf-ing and really like my Freestyle. You can fold laundry, read, wash bottles, whatever else while you pump (even cook supper!).
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

I have a Medela PISA and I also rent the Medela Symphony for use at home, though my rental is due up this month (I have preemies so I needed it while they were in the NICU). The PISA does make me sore, not gonna lie, because the suction is very strong. But it is efficient...I've just accepted that sore nipples are a part of EPing for me. It's not too terrible, and if it gets my boys breastmilk, its worth it! If you can though, I'd give the Symphony a try. It is wonderful!
    Leah
    Momma to twins Isaac and Gabriel
    Born at 30 weeks 3 days gestation
    Both home now and absolutely perfect!