Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will it go away?

Default Re: When will it go away?

Thank you Rebecca, as always!

I know you've been given some great advice. I just wanted to send some encouragement your way as well. I had severe thrush with my DD last year and I remember crying & biting a towel when I would feed her because the pain was so intense. We just kept giving it back & forth to each other even though we were both treated with medication (same listed above in other posts) and no matter how I tried to sterilize and keep things from getting convoluted, it still kept right on affecting us. Eventually the meds ran their course, but by then we had dwindled on the feedings and eventually went to formula.

Definitely try to keep up the best you can so that you are able to enjoy the experience.

Good luck to you & your DS!

I don't mean to divert the attention from the original poster (I seriously hope things are looking up for you!) but I thought I should ask in the appropriate thread-- can any moms here who have experienced thrush tell me what their first warning signs were?
    Last edited by JustSasha; October 3rd, 2006 at 01:13 PM.

Honestly, as one whom is in the midst of thrush, my first sign was the pain. It was the same as the above posters - the bite the towel, or in my case - bury your face in the pillow to keep from screaming pain.

For the OP, all I can offer is HUGS!!! My woes began with mastitis 4 weeks ago, thrush immediately following, then mastitis again last week, and now severe nipple trauma due to a bad latch (thank you bad nurse at the hospital!! )

Good luck - we'll both get through this!!