Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Could this be a food allergy?

Default Could this be a food allergy?

My 7 month old has an itchy rash on his belly. It's been there for a couple of months and some days it seems worse than others. Could this be a food allergy that I missed? I haven't changed detergents or anything. I switched his soap to Cetaphil because it's supposed to be more mild. He's been eating solid food since 5 1/2 months...but just the basics. Rice, oatmeal, apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, peaches, squash and plums. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Could this be a food allergy?

Is it eczema? DS1 had it on the trunk of his body when he was an infant. He didn't have any allergies but it got worse in the winter.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I think it is eczema but I thought that was caused by allergies. What did you do to help alleviate the itching? My ped. gave me hydrocortisone cream to put on trouble areas but I don't know if I should put it all over his belly.

Eczema CAN be caused by allergies but not always. DS was tested for some allergies but was negative. I'm not sure where you live but if it got colder and drier the last few months that could be why. For DS we were just vigilant about applying mosturizer to his skin a few times a day.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine