Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you have a high chair that you love?

Default do you have a high chair that you love?

Dd will be 6 months in just over a week. I'd like to have the ability to set some small pieces of different foods in front of her and let her explore them. Problem is, we don't yet have a highchair! I have been looking at them whenever I'm out and about, but I haven't found one that I absolutely love yet

Here's the question- do you have a high chair that you absolutely love? Why?

I can't wait for a ton of responses, so please reply! Also, let me know if you have a high chair that you absolutely hate... Thanks guys!
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Default Re: do you have a high chair that you love?

We had a hand-me-down real cheesy high chair for a while but the table part didn't attach properly and dd fell out of it . So, we got one that clips on to the table...we don't have a lot of room and this is working out great. Plus, we can take it with us when we visit family!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Thanks for the reply! I had thought about getting one that hooks to our dining room chairs, but decided that that wouldn't really save us much room. I guess it's not that we don't have room, it's that there's not really a good place to have it set up all the time. My mom and dad used to have one that hooked to the table when my youngest brother was a baby. Only thing then is, we'd need a new table! Ours has a "skirt" or something underneath it that would prevent the chair from hooking properly. Hhmmm... Anyone else?
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

We have a Svan highchair that I ADORE! It's pricey (we paid about $190 on sale at babycenter.com), but we thought it was worth it for something that could be an heirloom piece ... the Svan converts from a high-chair to a toddler chair and even to an adult chair! So, Addie can grow with her chair.

It's beautiful and actually blends in to our house, rather than scream, "Look at me, I'm a piece of tacky, baby furniture!" (Like the Exersaucer MIL gave us ... which "mysteriously" disappeared ). It's super easy to clean too, and Addie seems to love sitting in it.

It also takes up very little space ... we just push it up to the table when we're not using it.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

We have the Eddie Bauer high chair http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family

I think it's a really pretty chair and know that it can be passed down someday (it's very sturdy). Drawback- there are probably other out there that are easier to clean.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

This what I use with my baby On-the-Go Fold-Up Booster Seat, it's compact, you can attach it to any chair or used on the floor, take it anywhere, super easy to clean, you can use it for up to 50 lbs, and best of all inexpensive; and all of that makes me love it. You can check out the different features from different models and brands, there prices ranges from $15 to $25.

HTH

We use the Fisher Price folding booster seat. LOVE it. We also got a hand-me-down high chair from the in-laws but it pretty much just sits in our formal dining room. I like the booster b/c it saves space in the kitchen where we eat most of the time anyway, plus it's portable if we need to take it anywhere. The tray goes in the dishwasher and it's easy to clean, too. We registered for it and got it as a gift, but I know it was less than $25 at Target.

I bought my son the Combi Transition chair. It can turn into a desk later on and it looks nice. The price is $120. Not bad. I like the orange and grey color.

Hi. When I went to register I was Disgusted by all the plastic highchaira w/ wheels on them and the ones that have swings.....like it might be appropriate for my child to sleep where he eats The best advice I got about a high it that it's FURNITURE that you have to look at for years to come. I wanted a wood one and not one w/Eddie Bauer stamped on it. a feature that was important to me was something that goes between his legs so he doesn't learn to wriggle out of it later. I got one on craigs list for $20. I had to be a patient and decide on a price range. I decided I wouldn't spend more than $40. It's blond wood so it matches our dinning room set w/ is pine and as an added bonus it turns into a chair and desk when he's older. Decide what features are important to you. My cousins have a papa prego it's neon green!!! I couldn't live w/ that for 2 or 3 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy
    We have a Stokke Tripp Trapp, you can get the baby bar from the UK and cool seat pads, its the only highchair that makes the baby sit properly!!!
    Abby
    Hey, Abby. The Svan is also ergonomically correct. The seat and footrest can be freely adjusted along the main beam to always give your baby the best seating position. In addition, it's actually got two dimensional seat adjustments, so both the seat height and seat depth can be adjusted to fit baby just right. And I love that it sits up to the table so our little one can join us for meals. Anyway ... the Stokke is also great, but I had to just add that it isn't the *only* one that is ergonomically correct.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon