Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Finger food ideas

Question Finger food ideas

Hi,

I have a 8.5 month old daughter who is EBF. She has been on solids from 6 months onwards. I am planning ongiving her finger foods.

Can you please share your ideas on safe finger foods?

Thanks in advance,
    Sangita

Default Re: Finger food ideas

When my daughter was that age she loved cheerios, raisins, cheese, toast strips, small pieces of lunch meat, all kinds of veggies especially brocolli florets, black beans, crackers, lots of different fruits...
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

toast fingers, sweet potato sticks (like french fries) baked at home so no grease, basically any vegetable/fruit... if you can find a crinkle vegetable cutter it can really help in making tin easy to hold shapes in vegetables for your LO.. or cook vegtables till soft and cut up into cubes, helps great with the pincher grip... cheerios, there's organic ones out there.. rice cakes.. shredded cheese, scrambled eggs...have fun and get ready for the mess
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

Bananas and avocadoes
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

All of these choices are excellent. My son's favorite foods came from ideas on this forum. He loves Rice Chex and baked pear slices.