Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ranting about the bottles and DH

Default Ranting about the bottles and DH

Just a short rant-

DD and I got the H1N1 last week. I had a bad fever and really felt bad, so I asked DH if he could fill all of the bottles with milk. I told him which jar was good to be used. He comes back to the room and asked which jar. Really? So I told him again and he comes back, this jar? No DH the other one, nevermind, I will do it. Which is something he was more than happy to hear. So I drap my butt out of bed and made the bottles. Next day, I was sitting at the table and giving DD a breathing treatment and asked DH is he could fill the bottles. He complained, but put an effort into it. He couldn't figure out how the bottles went together. So I showed him how to put them together and filled them as he goes back to sit down, leaving me to do it all. Really? I thought every bad word I could think of. I love his some times, but he really sucks.
    My little surprise born 2 December 2009 7 lbs 1 oz 20 inches.

Our goal is 1 year, but I'm willing to go 2!

Default Re: Ranting about the bottles and DH

Mama

How frustrating--but I think you may have played right into that one. I know sometimes it just gets to the point where it's easier to have it done, but it also keeps him from having/getting to step up, and keeps you in the position of doing it all. I hope you feel better soon!!

I hope you feel better!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I wish DH would step up a little more, but he has been watching her on his days off so I can work. He only has her for 16 hours a week, which isn't bad and they get time together.

We are feeling better, but I fear my husbands oldest son may be getting the H1N1 now. He came home from school with a fever. Oh boy-what fun.
    My little surprise born 2 December 2009 7 lbs 1 oz 20 inches.

Our goal is 1 year, but I'm willing to go 2!