Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: The Dairy Cow

Wink The Dairy Cow

How do you know that you have become a dairy cow, rather than a woman?

1--you put pads in your bra every morning to prevent the milk leaking out from getting on your clothing.
    2--you hook yourself up to an electric milking machine 2-3x per day in an effort to keep from giving your child a powdered substitute of what your body is already making.
    3--your body produces so much milk that you overflow the pads you put in your bra less than 3 hours before
    4--as a result of #3 occurring, you have to shed the shirt you wore to work due to the smell of sour milk and wear one of the 2 sweatshirts kept at your desk for warmth as your shirt--thus causing you to sweat 1/2 to death because the last thing you need today is a sweater!!!
    5--you no longer take a "normal" lunch or break--all lunches and breaks are dedicated to the activity listed in #2.
    Krista
    Wife to Barney
    Mommy to Justin Reed
    Mommy to Ada Grace (7-7-06) 7 lbs 14 oz, 20 lbs 14 oz at 1 year

Our little Angel, Henry James, grew his wings December 14, 2007

Default Re: The Dairy Cow

Exactly!

Default Re: The Dairy Cow

This pretty much covered my morning from yesterday and when I told my mom and sister they laughed hysterically and said, "welcome to being a working mommy". I found that humorous because neither of them BF and my didn't go to work until I was 2...but I thought you other working moms might appreciate it!
    Krista
    Wife to Barney
    Mommy to Justin Reed
    Mommy to Ada Grace (7-7-06) 7 lbs 14 oz, 20 lbs 14 oz at 1 year

Our little Angel, Henry James, grew his wings December 14, 2007