Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question about PISA

Default Question about PISA

Hello, I was just wondering about my pump. It seems that the suction is not as good. I have checked all the pieces, they are all fine, no holes or leaks or anything anywhere. When I listen to it, it really seems like it's not drawing as much anymore. This is my second motor since August. I am pumping every 3 hours. Has anyone else had a problem with this pump not being able to handle this type of pumping? My supply is dwindling and I am worried it is due to the pump, instead of everything else I can think of, lol. I'm not having the best of times with pumping right now and I am just looking for a bit of re-assurance. Thank you!

Tara

Default Re: Question about PISA

The lactation store and breastfeeding centers here all have a machine that checks the suction It never hurts to swap out those little white valve things either.

I am on my second baby and my PISA motor is doing fine - did you get a lemon? Is it under warranty still?

I am sorry you are going through this.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Definitely call Medela even if it's no longer under warranty. They have great CS and will help.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I had to get a new PISA twice. I think they are great pumps but I wore that thing out by EPing. I don't think they are meant for that kind of wear. They are under warranty for a year though and their CS is great.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Medela will trouble shoot the issue for you but I would change the valves and membranes first. These are the things that really effect the suction.

this is what they look like
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language