Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me convince DH to do BLW

Default Re: Help me convince DH to do BLW

most of these posts have given pretty good links/resources for the nutritional facts, but i just want to write because i am in the same boat. DH has an 8 yo son who grew up in almost exactly the same conditions and it blew my mind. for us, i have just forged ahead and so far the benefits have been self-evident. DS is off the charts for height and weight and the older son is small for his age (which DH has agreed is probably a result of FF and smoking). DH initially bought formula and bottles 'just in case' but later gave them to a food bank when he realized how well BFing was going (and how much easier it made his life!) as for solids, i have worked on a hybrid of purees and BLS as someone else on here mentioned. i add spices to the purees and mix them with a little bit of what im eating. the combination of surprise at how adventurous a babys taste buds could be and the fun of watching DS eat crazy new things has won over DH. his first son will not eat anything not on a kids menu and pretty much survives on PB&J. as i was feeding our LO lamb puree with taiziki sauce (my hybrid baby 'gyro') DH commented with a smile that he would never be a 'peanut butter and jelly kid'. its hard to take command and be the one coordinating meals all the time, but for us, i had to get the ball rolling and the results spoke for themselves! now daddy has fun with it too! good luck! stand your ground, and let daddy participate at a level he is comfortable with so that you save your sanity!
    brenna

mom to Cash, 7/23/09
    born: 8lbs. 10oz
    5 mos: 21 lbs & 27 in
    8 mos: 24 lbs & 32 in

Thanks. We actually started BLW last week and are having so much fun. DH has decided to let me do it my way for a month and see how it goes. I think I might have a convert.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Lizard2022 View Post
    Thanks. We actually started BLW last week and are having so much fun. DH has decided to let me do it my way for a month and see how it goes. I think I might have a convert.
    My mom thought it was insane at first and was always wanting to cut up my DD's food and asking me if I was sure she was ok with (insert food here). But after a few weeks she was a total convert and was even bragging to her friends about how her grandbaby could (and would) eat pretty much anything.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous