Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help please

Default Help please

Hello Ladies

I started my LO on solids she is 6 months. She loves to eat and I am feeding her about 2oz of pureed bananas a day for the past 5 days. Problem is she hasn't pooped in the past 5 days. She normally doesn't poop everyday but I know that is normal with breast milk. Could she be allergic or is her system just not ready for solids? Her doctor recommended that I give her some prune puree.
    She is having stinky gas. Has anyone had this problem? Should I hold off. Her doctor also recommended a suppository (not sure of the spelling) but I'm nervous about that.

Should I hold off on solids? or could is just be the bananas? I was going to try applesauce.

Also should I be giving her water, I dont just breastmilk

Sorry so many questions Thanks much

Liz
    Elizabeth 1st time SAHM
    since Birth and loving it

Default Re: Help please

I would slow down on the banana because it can be very constipating. I wouldn't give suppositories but try the prune or pears also work. Also, nurse more and that should solve the problem.

Bananas can be pretty constipating, so I'm wondering if that may be the issue. You might try some pears or prunes to see if that helps.

I'm not sure about the water--I think it's ok to offer at 6 months, but we started offering a sippy cup with water around 7 months. My son didn't really drink it for quite a while, but he'd play with it and get some practice moving it around.

thank you
    Elizabeth 1st time SAHM
    since Birth and loving it

I forgot to mention it in my previous post, but I also think your idea about applesauce is worth trying.

once you start feeding solids, you should give them a little bit of water to help their kidneys out. not much! no more than 4 ounces all day long.
    Ham-Holder, SAHM to Elliott, 07/12/2009
    , , , and now cloth diapering
    loving it when baby to me!
    http://mommasdinner.blogspot.com/