Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medela Wipe alternative?

Default Medela Wipe alternative?

Anyone find a cheaper comperable wipe alternative to the Medela quick cleans. I use them once a day at work and only for the horns. At $10 a package they're kinda expensive.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Default Re: Medela Wipe alternative?

1. someone suggested a while back: cut them in half on into quarters, they are huge. . .
    2. Try to find some disinfectiong wipes like clorox wipes, but not the "hand wipes" just like the counter or hard surface wipes. . . the hand wipes have a moisturizer in them, normally, the others don't
    3. Maybe a spray bottle with a little diluted alcohol?
    Hi, I'm Cyndie. Married my , Tony.

Lydia--15 mo and still nursing

Brenden--6.5 yo bf for 6 months

Preston (SS)--13.5 yo

Brittany--12.5 yo bf for 6 weeks

"You are not a pacifier; you are a Mom. You are the sun, the moon, the earth, you are liquid love, you are warmth, you are security, you are comfort in the very deepest aspect of the meaning of comfort.... but you are not a pacifier!" -- Paula Yount

Those are good ideas. But it's also not necessary to clean in between pumpings. Many moms don't. They just sterilize at the end of the day. If you have access to water you can just rinse in between (that's what I always did) or if you have fridge access you can store it in the fridge without rinsing it (I know there are several moms here that do that). But even that is not completely necessary, breastmilk is fine at room temperature for 8 hours, so you could theoretically go all day without rinsing or refrigerating.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I don't like cold horns so I wipe those down after the morning pump. The connectors and milk both fit nicely into the Medela cooler and into the fridge. I don't clean anything after the afternoon pump and it goes into a plastic bag and straight home to wash. I could rinse the horns but in an office full of men I'd rather not.

The fridge trick is great at work, learned that from the LLL ladies. :-)
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Those are good ideas. But it's also not necessary to clean in between pumpings. Many moms don't. They just sterilize at the end of the day. If you have access to water you can just rinse in between (that's what I always did) or if you have fridge access you can store it in the fridge without rinsing it (I know there are several moms here that do that). But even that is not completely necessary, breastmilk is fine at room temperature for 8 hours, so you could theoretically go all day without rinsing or refrigerating.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I don't clean my pump stuff at work. Never have.

Put on new empty bottles. Put into a clean ziplock. Put into another bag can't see through. Into the fridge.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)