Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: all starting to pay off.....i hope

Default all starting to pay off.....i hope

Today my little Ollie had his first ever full breastfeed

Although im still offering formula if he needs it, but after his last feed he didnt need/grown for a top up and is now sleeping soundly again

YAY!!
    I'm Siobhan(or Sib)
    Mum to 5, Newest addition Ollie born Nov 30th '09, 11weeks Prem weighing 2lb 12
    hoping to get this going so i can eventually my little man

Default Re: all starting to pay off.....i hope

That's great!!! Keep it up, sounds like you are doing a great job.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Fantastic!!! You're doing such a great job!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

And he's done it again now been asleep just little under 2 hours so expecting him to wake soon
    I thinking on Monday when i have a full day with just Ollie and me i will see if we can have a full day of Bfing. Do you thing I'm being a little optimistic?

He still gaining weight really well (hes now 5lb 9oz ) lots of wet nappies ect and there woulnt be no harm in trying right?
    I'm Siobhan(or Sib)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*crazylady View Post
    I thinking on Monday when i have a full day with just Ollie and me i will see if we can have a full day of Bfing. Do you thing I'm being a little optimistic?
    Maybe, maybe not. I'd try it, but watch his diaper output and behavior really carefully. If you don't see enough diaper output in a 24-hour period, then you're not yet where you need to be. But it sounds like you're really close!!!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Today has gone so well ...yes ok its wednesday and not monday
    So far Ollie has only needed 1 topup in the last 12 hours although im sure come bed time he may need another
    He has been very settled and alert and even managed to poop for the first time in 2 days
    Our Health Visitor came to visit us and is extreemly supportive of what im doing and has offered to weigh Ollie as often as i feel the need

So all in all happy days

edited to say its Thursday not Wednesday
    Last edited by @llli*crazylady; February 11th, 2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: correcting mistake made
    I'm Siobhan(or Sib)

Oh Mama! I am so happy for you! You are indeed a to your baby. What an awesome pay off for such hard work!
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

And great news that you can have him weighed as often as you like to give you the reassurance you need to keep it up!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...