Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question regarding Lact-Aid and Latch

Default Question regarding Lact-Aid and Latch

I have been pumping (religiously) since the beginning of January, however, I'm still not getting ANY milk. Maybe like some in the breast shield thing that goes on the pump, but nothing further than that. ): So I got a Lact-Aid hoping that he'd latch on with it. But he still screams and pushes my breast away. Tips?

We have been sleeping skin to skin and doing lots of mommy-baby holding and contact and stuff. We co-bathe. I am taking Fenugreek, Vitex (the lady at the vitamin shoppe requested it), Standard Process Symplex F and Mammary PMG (recommended by my gmas doctor whose daughter was also relactating) and prenatals. I have a double miPump by First Years and am slowly starting to get the hang of hand expression. I power pump at least 3 times a day and I pump every couple of hours, longest is every four hours, because I'm horrible at watching clocks. LOL. Also eating lots of oatmeal and drinking lots of water.

I'm doing all this and nothing. I stopped smoking a while ago, so I know thats not effecting it. I feel like all this work and for nothing! My parents laugh at me (I live with them, teen mommy) and everyone around me keeps telling me its not going to happen. I've been ignoring them and kind of just shrugging it off but it's starting to get to me. I NEED TIPSSS D;

I just have this feeling that once he latches on, things will start getting a lot better a lot sooner. ): He's eight months old now and stopped nursing right as he turned five months old, so it has been a while but I've been pumping for about a month too. I pumped some in December, but I didn't stick to a schedule. =/

So anyone know how I could help him get back? Tried a nipple shield and he wasn't having it. He just wanted to play with it. LOL.

Default Re: Question regarding Lact-Aid and Latch

I have not heard good things about the MiPump. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it! And what an awful thing for your parents to do!! Laugh???? Is there anyway that you could talk to your mom and dad and tell them how it makes you feel when they laugh? A good support group may be all you need. Sometimes stress can decrease your supply. . . maybe a new medication? Think about what all you are doing in you r daily life, has anything changed in the past month?

Get a watch with an alarm, set it to go off every two hours, and pump EVERY TWO HOURS. For at least 20 minutes. The more you pump, the more your body will make.

Have you tried to maybe schedule a visit with one of the lactation consultants at your local hospital? I have read many of the LLLadies' posts on here that say "Nothing beats hands on help" and I agree. There may be something that the LC misses but you can't see. . . . you know, part of the big picture, I sure hope something here helps, hun!
    Hi, I'm Cyndie. Married my , Tony.

Lydia--15 mo and still nursing

Brenden--6.5 yo bf for 6 months

Preston (SS)--13.5 yo

Brittany--12.5 yo bf for 6 weeks

"You are not a pacifier; you are a Mom. You are the sun, the moon, the earth, you are liquid love, you are warmth, you are security, you are comfort in the very deepest aspect of the meaning of comfort.... but you are not a pacifier!" -- Paula Yount