Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: still postpartum "bleeding"

Unhappy still postpartum "bleeding"

I apologize that this may not be the best forum for this but I really need some feedback. I gave birth 9 weeks ago and had no complications during or after. Bleeding seemed normal. I am also exclusively breastfeeding. However, I am still having a light brown discharge that although is light, still requires wearing pantyliners. I thought things are supposed to clear up at 6 weeks. I live in American Samoa and the medical care here is subpar. I have been treated for a bacterial infection and a yeast infection when I went to the doctor about the discharge and some itching I had at the time. Itching is gone but discharge is still here. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel fine physically.

Default Re: still postpartum "bleeding"

I had that with a few of my kids I don't remember who..
    If it doesn't get beter or you start passing clots maybe you should go back to the doctor.
    I always had some bleeding just in time for that after birth pap smear.
    but then it got beter.

I am about where you are, my baby was born between 9-10 weeks ago and I am still bleeding, (and itching as well) almost exactly how you describe it. I too have a history with frequent urinary tract infections so it has worried me too. I went back to the doctor (who is very good) about 2 weeks ago and all was well- no infection. He said that bleeding at this point is still nothing to worry about. Are you back on any kind of birth control? It could be causing some breakthrough bleeding as well.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

With my first baby, I had "stuff" coming out of me until 11 weeks!!

With my second baby, at my 6-week post-partum visit, they tested me for yeast, and I tested positive, and after treating the yeast the "Stuff" cleared up.

With my third baby, at my 6-week post-partum visit, I tested negative for yeast... but I still had "stuff" coming out of me until about 9 or 10 weeks.

You're almost there! I can't tell you how happy I was to ditch the pantyliners!! It was like the world's longest period!!!

I am at the 7 week mark and still passing enough to be annoying. I too had the itching and was treated for a yeast infection which I think now has moved to my nipples. I think the yeast infections come due to constant pad wearing, it keeps everything moist down there. Not fun. I can't wait to ditch these damn pads!!! My doctor said not to worry, everybody is different.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am now thinking this is just normal for me and not some unseen complication.