Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: GBTW Fears/Baby very attached

Unhappy GBTW Fears/Baby very attached

Hello! My son is now 4mos. old and I am fortunate enough to stay with him until about 7.5 mos. I have all the same fears read in other posts but I am concerned because he only seems to want me 24/7. He doesn't want a bottle (I've tried to pump - only get barely 2oz) at all and will tolerate my husband for about 45 min. until he wants mommy back Oh, he still feeds every 1.5 hrs! I left for the 2nd time for about 3hrs. and he refused to eat and cried for 1 hr! How is it possible for him to be ok with my being gone when he is so attached? Any help?

He also will only go to sleep , naps, etc. by nursing. so I am fearful of what is to come.
    Last edited by bbeam; September 26th, 2006 at 12:42 PM.

Default Re: GBTW Fears/Baby very attached

Oh I could have wrote this post. Although I don't have any advice yet, because I go back to work this Fri. I know exactly what you are going through. My ds is the same way, but he is 1 years old ( today ). I am really concerned like you are. Dh says our ds crawls around this house crying mama the whole time I am gone when I leave. It is heart wrenching. Good luck to you. Everyone keeps telling me it will work out. You are not alone.

A LOT can change in a baby's life in three months. You'll be amazed at how different your baby will be in three months!

More independence, more knowledge of what he likes and doesn't like, more interest in toys and household objects, possibly some solids.

Enjoy your baby now, and worry about going to work when the time is closer! :-)
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

I wish you luck. Keep me posted on how it goes.