Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Breast Just Popped!

Default Re: My Breast Just Popped!

Well i've had the lump there for almost six months, so I don't think it only plugged a few days ago, unless it was partially plugged and then got fully plugged, if that makes any sense. Totally strange. And I'm hoping it resolves and stops hurting very soon because I really can't afford to go to the doctor. Ugh.
    Kirsten, Full-Time Mother To:
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

I am generally or or both
    I cloth diaper and nurse in public, proudly!

And with our ped's blessing, I'm raising a vegetarian baby who is half my height at 1-year-old!

yeah but if you've only have had the pain in the last few days
    I'm no expert!

sounds to me like it could have been a cyst.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Ugh.

Thanks for the support though Ladies!
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

And with our ped's blessing, I'm raising a vegetarian baby who is half my height at 1-year-old!

well it seems like a cyst by what the other people chimed in with but what makes me still wonder about the clogged duct is the stream of milk after the "pop" Maybe a cyst in the duct?

Well I expressed the milk, it didn't just drain on it's own. I was worried about finding blood or pus or something after the pop. And it really was a POP and then there was a "void" where the lump had been. It wasn't like something had been squeezed out slowly (like toothpaste or similar). I had had aches and twinges all along, but now I am much more aware of discomfort, but that may just be from the pressure of the massage I had been using last night, and the fact that my breast exploded. LOL Where it was red over the lump last night, it is now bruised purple.
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

Could have been an abscess like a "pimple"/boil under the skin which would make a popping sound. I'd watch for any signs of infection (getting/feeling worse, flu-like symptoms, feverish, red-warm to touch, etc) now that the pus is out of its sac and can go through your bloodstream.
    Definitely get rest, drink plenty of fluids and empty the breast
    Hope you feel better.
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned at 20 mths
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

I had her nurse on that side almost all night, which helped I think. Although my poor left breast almost got engorged. So balance, remember, balance Kirsten...

I guess I shouldn't have moved all the living room furniture and vacuumed huh?

I promise to take better care of myself. Why I'm doing this stuff on her six-month-birthday is beyond me, really.
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*eco.mommy View Post
    I had her nurse on that side almost all night, which helped I think. Although my poor left breast almost got engorged. So balance, remember, balance Kirsten...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*eco.mommy View Post
    I guess I shouldn't have moved all the living room furniture and vacuumed huh?
    nope! I swear, every time I vacuum the entire house I get clogged ducts! I'm not kidding! We're weird
    Take care of yourself before you get recurring clogged ducts and mastitis, like me!
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned at 20 mths
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Well the furniture is as put back as I'm going to do it, the air purifiers are filled and humidifiers are humming, so I'm done. DD is napping, I'm playing online and pumping and I think there's a bath for the two of us later before I have to bring us to class tonight. And I promise to drink lots of fluids.
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009