Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exclusively Pumping and Feedings

Default Re: Exclusively Pumping and Feedings

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I'm sorry if you've felt you weren't supported in your decision to exclusively pump.
    Same here. That wasn't my intent. . . but I do warn that it can be a hard road to go. Some ladies are able to pump 4x a day to supply their little one's needs - that wasn't the case when I was EPing. In order to keep up with my little girl I had to pump 5:30a, 9:30a, 12:30p, 2:30p, 5:30p, 7:00p, 9:00p, and 2am. Pumping 8x a day wore me out, physically and emotionally, and when it was all said and done I *still* had to supplement between 5 and 10 oz a day because pumping just isn't as efficient at removing milk from the breasts as a baby is and it effected my production.

Here's to hoping that you DON'T have to pump 8x a day and still supplement if you decide to EP!
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I'm sorry if you've felt you weren't supported in your decision to exclusively pump
    Same here, too. I have nothing but the greatest respect for moms who EP, because I think they generally end up working harder than moms who EBF or the ones who combine nursing and pumping, and despite the workload they still make the commitment and give their kids the best!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Hmmmm...I'm an EP for 13 months and I was very intrigued by the posts here. I must admit that if I could have BF my baby, I would have jumped for joy. But I did not have the opportunity. I pray I will be given that beautiful experience with my second. If you are having a wonderful experience with BF, then try to stick with that when you are with your LO and pump when you are not. I would not wish an EPer's lifestyle on anyone who DOES not have to EP. My reasons do not coincide with some of the aforementioned reasons but that's ok. I have had some great support here but it seems to be sparse only because very few mommas do EP for as long as I have. I would love to know more women who share my predicament. The decision is ultimately yours. Know the pros and cons and good luck to you. The worst con I feel is the time commitment to EP--astronomical. I wish you the best!

For anyone interested, here is another site and forum for EPing mom's:
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/5332/forums/
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !