Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2nd Day

Default 2nd Day

Hi! I am attempting to relactate. This is my second day. My daughter will be three weeks old on Friday, so I am really hoping that since it hasn't been too long that my milk will come back fairly quickly. I did bf in the hospital until it became too painful so I quit and went to formula. Now I am trying it again. I have been pumping every 1 1/2 hour for 10 min. I am also taking mother's milk 4 times a day. I am having a hard time doing skin to skin contact since I also have a 16 month old son to take care of. I do have an infantino sling but not sure if that will work with skin to skin since I havn't used it yet. I also started taking oatmeal for breakfast. Any suggestion to increase my milk supply??? What else can I do? Should I be taking more mother's milk? Yesterday I was able to get about 3/4 oz total all day. Also I am having issues of latching on. I was going to see a lactation consultatnt today, but became ill with a bad cold and can't talk. I am planning on rescheduling to next week. Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by @llli*ktma; February 4th, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Default Re: 2nd Day

hi, i was wondering how you were getting on with the relactation? I just posted a thread about myself trying to relactate, has it been successful for you?

Default Re: 2nd Day

I am so sorry that you had a hard time at first breastfeeding but it is great that you are getting back at it. I don't have a lot of advice but I did want to mention that I think the infantino slings are the ones that have been recalled. Is it a bag type sling? you might want to look into it. The best thing I have found for doing skin to skin is a Moby wrap. They can be a little expensive but there is a lot of info out there for making your own from fabric. As for the pumping it sounds like you are pumping often enough but you might want to try pumping for longer- like 20 minutes if you can. Hopefully the appointment with the LC will help you out for latching. Can you get an SNS? it will help you to feed your baby at the breast instead of with a bottle.
    Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )