Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Carrot

Default Carrot

I was eating peeled whole carrots and decided to hand one over to my 4mo old to see what she thought of it, it was nice and cold. Looked like she liked it, was sucking on it and biting a little bit (she has no teeth). There isn't anything wrong with that is there?

Default Re: Carrot

She probably liked the way it felt on her gums since she could be teething, but solid food shouldn't be given to a baby until they are at LEAST 6 months old.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

You're fine, she won't be able to gum off a big ole piece of carrot! I'd probably watch her really carefully while she has it just to be sure though.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Yep I was watching her, it was funny to see her gum the carrot. I wasn't trying to feed it to her, just seeing her reaction.

i don't think there's anything wrong with that -- we used to give DS celery sticks to teeth on, until he choked on a string. but carrots don't have strings, so i'd just watch to make sure she didn't shove it too far back in her mouth.
    Ham-Holder, SAHM to Elliott, 07/12/2009
    , , , and now cloth diapering
    loving it when baby to me!
    http://mommasdinner.blogspot.com/

Have you heard of mesh teethers? I think that is what they are called.
    You could put a carrot in it and it has a little handle for your LO to hold and that way she can't actually eat or choke on it.
    My son loves them.
    Mommy to Jackson Cale
    May 30, 2009

Proudly my little love.