Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Exclusively Pumping and supply diminishing

Default Exclusively Pumping and supply diminishing

I have been EP since my baby was 3 weeks old, she is now 4 months old, and I've noticed that since returning to work, the amount I pump has drastically reduced. I have been taking fenugreek, I eat oatmeal every day for breakfast, I drink the tea, and I also made the lactation cookies. Is there anything else I could try besides getting a prescription for Reglan? Any help or advice would be great.

Default Re: Exclusively Pumping and supply diminishing

I'm at 3 month EP and had the exact opposite happen. I attributed it to the amount of liquids I drink at work compared to home. I always have a cup of something on my desk and drink all day long and I've always been this way at work. So maybe your liquid intake has changed?
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

That possibly could be it. I will definatley pay more attention to that. Thanks for the advice.

It could be stress related too. I have noticed that I pump less on days where I have a big meeting, presentation, or just a lot going on. However, my production usually goes back in a day or so. to the water suggestion. I am still drinking like I'm preggo....probably 80-100 oz/day!
    Cynthia
    Mom to Jaxon born 5/1/09. He would not so we and !

Mama it might be the EP taking its toll. Pumping isn't as good as emptying the breast as your little one is, so you might be having "leftover milk" that is telling your breasts they don't need to make as much.
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.

Just keep pumping and thinking positively! Keep that picture of your
    LO by you at work when you pump. Keep the liquids up! Make dure your pump is up to snuff with exclusive pumping : ) I started EP when my DD was 3 weeks old and she's now 13 months old! And I'm still EP : ) I know you can do it!! Best of luck to you. I hope my words of encouragement keep you going...